Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Hometown

This is one watercolor painting that I took pics of during the process. It's called "My Hometown". Here's the idea behind it. When someone knows their hometown they know all the "ins and outs". They can tell visitors where all the special places are the scenic routes. They know the special restaurants that are family owned and where all their friends live. A visitor only knows the main thoroughfares and the obvious places to shop or eat. Not that there is anything wrong with those places. But to someone who lives in that town, they know there is more to see and explore. This is how the Word of God should be... a place we call home, a place we should know all the "ins and outs", a place where we can tell "visitors" about all the hidden, secret and special places that can make their visit more enjoyable and meaningful. So what I did was chose a few of the MANY verses that have guided me throughout my life and laid out streets that were those verses and then placed some buildings around those verses that spoke of what they mean to me. Like Psalm 126. It's all about joy and what great things God has done for us. So placed along that street is the Joy Jump House. Get the idea? Sorry for a few of the pics being incorrectly displayed. They don't show up like that when I view them in a picture viewer. You'll just have to deal! hahaha! Blessings to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment